Thursday 25 April 2013

Organised

Hello!
My school holidays are nearing their end :( school is back in a couple of days so I though I would share with you my top tips for getting organised for the upcoming term.

1. Only pack what you need for the day
I think this has to be my most important tip. The night before, check what subjects you have and put all those things in your bag. Then think if there are any assignments or extra things you need to bring and pack them into your bag/place them beside. To keep your back from hurting, put the heaviest things closer to your back and the lighter things further forward.

2. Keeping on top of homework
Homework in my eyes is a very tedious task to have to do. I find the best way to not have it building up is to simply just do it. When you get home in the afternoon, take out anything you have been assigned to do for homework. Go and find everything you need to use to do your homework, for example a calculator, and try and get as much done as you can. Another way to finish homework fast is to break it up into chunks, I find 45 minutes is enough time for me to do things, then have a short break, then go back to another 45 minutes until you're done. You can do these chunks for however long suits you.

3. Extra-curricular :P
Extra-curricular activities may seem like a bore, but in the end they are definitly worth it. Once you reach the end of high school, by having a few extra-curricular activities listed it will seem as though you really made an effort. Some of the extra-curricular activities at my school that I am in are
  • School magazine
  • Chess Club (my friends made this club up, they are teaching me how to play)
  • Press-Corp Writing
  • Press-Corp Photography
It is a brilliant way to play an active roll in the school community.

I hope my tips gave you an idea of how to get organised this term!! Good luck!

XO Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment